1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bleeding Meyers Pump

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wsmm, Mar 5, 2003.

1. wsmm

wsmm Member

I believe my plow pump is a Meyers type 47 with power angling. I must have a leak some where that I need to find. However after sitting for awile I end up down on fluid and also end up with air in the lines. What is the correct procedure for bleeding this pump system? Also how much fuild (including the angling cylinders) should the system hold? Thanks in advance, right now my vehicle is down as my brother-in-law is trying to bleed the system. It started working fine, but then wouldn't raise. Pump and soleniods are working, or so he says. He says there appears to be a lot of air in the system.

THanks..
    Bill

2. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

The E-47 unit and angling rams together will hold about 2 quarts of fluid. The lift ram will self bleed. You may need to loosen a hose and operate left and right in order to bleed the air out of each hose and angling ram.