1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bleeding air from hydraulic system

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Megunticook, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Megunticook

Megunticook Senior Member
    from Maine

Just replaced a cylinder hose, obviously have introduced air into the system.

In the past I have never done any sort of bleeding..just fill up the reservoir (belt-driven system), work all 3 cylinders, stop, top off reservoir, then check the level every time I go out to plow. Never noticed any problems.

But I saw in a Fisher installation guide that you're supposed to angle the blade back and forth while the lift cylinder is fully retracted to get rid of air (they suggest jacking the front end of the vehicle).

What do you all do in this regard?

2. AURALAND

AURALAND Junior Member

had the same problem after replacing a cylinder. I just filled up the resevoir,kept moving plow up,down back and forth.Check level and add fluid, repeat a coulpe of times.

3. Cassy

Cassy Senior Member

that's pretty much what i did after replacing a couple of hoses. manually extended the pistons, and collapsed them a few times.

Always seem to end up with just a small bit of air just at the end of extending the piston. Never could get that out, but hasn't caused a problem either.

buy some extra fluid and get a big bucket, and some rags. :nod: