1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blazer to Pickup Cab

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by t-sig, Mar 7, 2010.

1. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

I have an 85 Blazer that is having some serious rot issues. During the last storm the drivers door post came loose and we had to finish plowing with a cam strap holding the door closed. I have to get a close look at the frame, if that is bad too, then it is over. The engine and drivetrain are strong and the plow is good. The front fenders, doors, and hood are good. I am wondering how hard it would be to take off the blazer body and put on a pickup cab with a small flat bed. I have seen a couple of four wheel sites that talk about it, but, they have so many other mod's that I don't know how much work just the cab swap would be. Has anyone done this? I like this truck, my only complaint ever has been the poor visibility, that would be corrected with a regular cab pickup on it. Any comments would be appreciated.

2. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

my stepbrother used to have one, And I've seen a couple since then. I don't think it's a real hard job, biggest thing would be if a Blazer has cab mounts in the same place as the rear pickup cab mounts, and I think they do. If not you'd have to fab them up. Everything else is workable. Even Blazer/Suburban style gas tank is an advantage, hanging weight behind the rear wheels. I actually saw a shortened pickup bed a few months ago on Craigslist, was made to go behind a pickup cab on a Blazer frame. But just a flatbed would be quick and easy. Would make an awesome plowrig, I say do it.
    Check over at Fullsizechevy.com, lots of good info there.

3. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

The rear cab mounts on the blazer are on the outside of the frame as where the regular cab trucks are on the inside of the frame. You will need the rear cab cross member from a pick up truck frame 73-87.

The best site to check for the 73-87 trucks and blazers is ColoradoK5.

http://coloradok5.com/