1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blaster CSP same as Fluid Film?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by Stik208, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Napa by me only had the Blaster brand so I bought it. Question I guess is are they similar enough? I sprayed it on my attaching pins of the plow and door jambs already.

2. Roch_Greg

Roch_Greg Junior Member

Could be, I found the product over here. You can read up on Fluid Film here.

Both seem to do the same thing. I've never used either so I couldn't comment on them. Sounds like the guy at the store just steered you to what he had that is similar to what you were looking for.

3. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

They are really two different products that will do the same thing in different ways. Fluid Film's main function is to stop / prevent corrosion and provide lasting, slick lubrication. It will work as a penetrating oil when given enough time. Since it has no solvents, it does not evaporate. Blaster works so well as a penetrating oil because it has a high solvent content, meaning in penetrates quick, gets the job done, and then evaporates. If you want the job done quick, then use Blaster. If you have time or Blaster doesn't work, use Fluid Film.

4. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

So after you get done with the blaster then add a good coat of FF so it won't happen again. That makes sense to me..

5. joyofFluidFilm

joyofFluidFilm Senior Member

hmmm..Fluid Film is all you need....