1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blasted weathermen

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MLB, Jan 9, 2003.

1. MLB

MLB Senior Member

From winter storm with 4-8" 24 hours ago to a 30% chance of light scattered flurries now. GOTTA quit watching those turds!!!
  2. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I know how you feel, not to long ago on the "night before" the weatherman called for 2-4" with "a strong possibility that tese numbers are low, and we may get 3-6". well we got 1". Spent the whole night getting ready, spent the next day getting depressed:(
  3. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

Our weather man here is 100 % every time. If he calls for snow....I can safely sleep in. If he calls for clear skies for the night, I am out in the shop getting the trucks ready to go for a big dump of snow.:rolleyes:

Hey MLB,
    Had a feeling we weren't going to get any of the good stuff, and I actually pulled my blade off Wed. Got it cleaned and waxed, painted my plow pump, etc. Sounds like the lake effect areas are going to get hammered the next few days. So close, yet so far away. Ready for a road trip north? :nod:
  5. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

Weatherman here was doing great, he would say 1-2 we would get 4, he would say 2-4 we got 7. Then he said 6 and I got ready for a real storm, when we got dusted, well they have been way off ever since. Oh, make sure you know where to go before you come. There are some areas in the UP that have received the 14" in 24 hours, but not much of that south of the bridge... Just a 4 here and there and 7 one time for this year, everything else was just a dust or 1"... Nothing to brag about just yet.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2003