1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blanketing Area for Commercial/Residential

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Lawnguy1, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Lawnguy1

Lawnguy1 Junior Member

About 6 months ago I moved into a new area where I would like to pick up quite a few snowplowing accounts for both commercial and residential. My goal is to pull in about $2,000 a storm. About 10 small commercial lots and 50 driveways.

There are a lot of residentials in my area that are very close to each other. I want to put a contract in every mailbox in my area with a price for the season. Maybe offer a special discount assuming i'm going to pick up business nearby.

Are there any suggestions on this idea? Does anyone have a nice contract I could use to do this? If so, I have a nice commercial contract I could trade with someone.

Thanks for your help.

2. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

I use a standard contract for both applications. Just fill in the blank style. made it myself. If you want a copy, let me know.

3. Keith_480231

Keith_480231 Senior Member

I wouldn't mind if you could send me a copy. Looking to "fill-in" with a bunch of residentials. What is a average price for "seasonal" contracts??? Sorry forgot my e-mail keith_480231@talkamerica.net. Thanks a lot appreciate it!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2006
  4. nepmgmt

nepmgmt Member

if you dont mind sending it to me it would be greatly appreciated is this a better way then using flyer's ?
    james

5. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Boy, 2K for 50 driveways and 10 small commercial lots seems a bit cheap, after reading your thread I thought for a minute or two and that really seems low. Lets say 50 driveways at roughly $ 25.00 each is $ 1250.00, that only leave $ 750.00 for the 10 commercial lots, that translates into $ 75.00 each. I think you need to think bigger in terms of payup

6. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I only do 10 drives and make in the 500 range per push for them

7. EnviroTeam

EnviroTeam Member

Man I wish you could get $50 per driveway around here!

8. Keith_480231

Looking at $350.00 per season here ! What is everyone else going to charge for seasonals this year?

9. Avery Landscape

Avery Landscape Junior Member
    from 5

I charge $500 for a season

10. Keith_480231

Wow where is area 5 because I think I want to move!:nod: