1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blade won't stop

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by t-boner1, Oct 1, 2012.

1. t-boner1

t-boner1 Junior Member

I'm new to western but I just picked up a 2010 8' pro. When she is all hooked up everything works great except when I let go of right and left control. Blade doesn't stop angling right a way. Don't know if this is normal with westerns or not. Not a big issue just curious if it is supposed to stop when I let of the building? Anyone?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's normal with the hand held controllers, has been for many years and it's all part of the "soft stop" feature. Some guys dislike their butt jiggled when the plow comes to a hasty stop.

3. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yea, if you are used to the joystick and you change to the handheld control, there is definitely a difference that way. the handheld coasts to a stop and the joystick stops quick. A lot of people didn't like that when it first came out, but I don't hear comment on it anymore.

4. t-boner1

t-boner1 Junior Member

I gotcha I just wanted to make sure i didn't have an issue. It's gonna take some getting use to. Thanks for the info guys

5. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Not a big fan of it myself, but i dislike the joystick more so i'll deal with it! haha

6. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

I have a similar question, new to me western ultramount pro plow 10 yrs old or so. with the plow fully raised(or any position), a slight touch down on the handheld send plow all the way down everytime. is this normal?

7. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Is it dropping that fast or does it keep going after you let off? Not real familiar with western but if it is dropping to fast look up if it has a quill adjustment. This is used to control drop speed. If it keeps going after you let off may be a valve going bad.

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I'm assuming you have a handheld controller ?

9. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

it keeps dropping after I let off

10. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

it has the toggle joystick on a pedestal

11. dieselss

Is it a HANDHELD or a box controller ??

12. dieselss

13. indplstim