1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blade wont stay in the up position

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by docspeed99, Feb 13, 2011.

1. docspeed99

docspeed99 Junior Member
    from MI

8 times out of 10 my blade wont stay up when raised unless i turn the controller switch off i have gone thru all the wiring cant find anything wrong i replaced the coil on the float valve after it smoked and found when when i drop the blade power stays on the orange wire / float wire? i thought that should be momentary not constant? also what does the diode loop do? could that be the issue

2. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

S8 and S5 are both energized on drop. Check S5 coil or S5 valve staying open. Diode loop is also involved, but if I remember correctly, if doide is bad, it won't drop, opposite of your problem.
  3. docspeed99

docspeed99 Junior Member
    from MI

i replaced the S5 coil and no luck is it always energized when in the down position?
  4. damian

damian Senior Member

ive had vehicle harness problems,wires inside molded connector bridging,ive switched controllers,then hooked up to different truck to narrow it down.its probably my worst pain in the neck problem to diag with the blizzards especially when its intermittent.find a friend to swap trucks etc good luck.
  5. bigthom

bigthom Senior Member

My step dad just had that exact same issue with his blizzard. Ended up being a bad controller.