1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blade wont sit flat

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by The Coach, Nov 26, 2005.

1. The Coach

The Coach Junior Member

Hey guys- Just picked up a new (well... new to me) F-250 with a MVP on it and the thing sits up about 1-1.5 inches on the right side when the plow is lowered. Problem occurs no matter what angle or configuration plow is in. This is my first V-Blade, is this a common problem for them? Thanks in advance for any answers.

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Is one shoe hitting the ground first?

3. Your right wing is probably bent. It is hard to tell but pay close attention to the braces on the back of the blade. If so, get some money back from the dealer, cause replacing that one half is not cheap. Good luck...:mad:

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

My guess would be a bent frame on the side that's high. Look for even a slight twisting.

5. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Sounds like a bent A-frame

6. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Make sure the push beam is adjusted properly before you assume things are bent,this is a critical adjustment on V's.