1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blade wont lift

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dag-otto, Nov 24, 2005.

1. dag-otto

dag-otto Member

Hi guys,

I just had the dealer swap harness on identical trucks. I went to plug in the last connector for the pump <2 prong> and it immediately engergises something <humm> and sounds like the plow is trying to raise. I get no power in the joystick. I jacked it up and shortchained it so I could get it to the dealers first thing in the morning but was wonder if it was something i could fix or look for so I am not down tonight.

2003 Ultra-Mount 8 Pro

2. Runner

Runner Senior Member

It sounds like solenoid trouble to me. Especially the part about the hum. Sometimes when one is going bad, they do this. They actually make the motor stay stuck "on" Do NOT let it run like this if it ever does this.
  3. dag-otto

dag-otto Member

Runner cheers mate. you were right on the money. faulty solenoid. It has since been removed and replaced and back in business.

Thanks again pal.