1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blade wont angle right...bad joystick?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by m.$terner, Dec 9, 2013.

1. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

I have 2 chevy trucks with 2 meyers ez classic set-ups, e47s on both with joysticks. The one truck will work both my blades and all 5 pumps without an issue (up down left right). The other truck does not matter which blade or pumps I put on it will only angle left (goes up and down too). This does not matter if i hit angle left or right, it automatically just angles left regardless. I have my joystick built into my dash and there are so many wires underneath from the plow and lightbar, really not looking forward to pulling the loom off and messing with this but I have to. a friend said it sounds like it could be a bad joystick, anybody else think it could be that? Anybody else have had this problem and solved it by replacing their joystick? If anybody can help im all ears..Thanks
  2. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

check the c coil to make sure it has magnetism....yes a joystick can also do it
  3. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

I was by myself the day I messed with it so no i did not. I replaced the coil though and have had a few different pumps on it all of which do the same thing but only on that truck which is why im thinking the joystick. im just going to swap the actual joystick out of the plug tomorrow and try it in the other truck to see if it makes a difference.hopefully that solves my problem??
  4. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

C coil has magnetism and i checked it and looks like 13 volts so it has power. Im.starting to wonder if its a bad hose,coupler or piston?. Hoses are like new and this blade has been stored inside since i bought it 3 years ago, i never replaced pistons though. Im gonna hook up my st 7.5 later tonight and see if everything works with that blade to eliminate a pump,wiring,controller problem.
  5. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

it has to be the joy stick or harness. make sure the connection is good under the dash. one of mine wiggles loose from time to time. I had the same problem a few years ago and replaced both and fixed the problem.