1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blade wacked

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Sonic Buzz, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Sonic Buzz

Sonic Buzz Member

i had some problems with shoes on my St7.5 its like the blade the top leans in to far towards the truck well i lifted the plow up and it looks like the pivot bar rubs against a piece of angle iron on the blade has any body ever had this happen i tried to hit a curb with the blade not to hard but blade would not trip anybody and i no last year blade did trip..........please help.....

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Without seeing it, it sounds like its time to replace/rebuild the pivot pins and stops.

3. Deco

Deco Senior Member

check for cracked / bent sector or frozen pivots

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I dont know how old the plow is but the newer designs have grease fittings on the pivot pins at the bottom of the plow. If it doesnt then sounds like it time for new ones

5. Deco

Deco Senior Member

do you have access to an oxy-acetelyne torch ?

6. Sonic Buzz

Sonic Buzz Member

i was just outside maybe a bent pin. the horizontal piece on the blade side binds on the pivot bar not much but just enough so it wont trip i can tell the last owner this plow did some rigging but worked fine last year

7. Deco

Deco Senior Member

try to keep that blade marintated all year round if it's kept outside . cover it

8. Sonic Buzz

Sonic Buzz Member

Thanks guys hopefully i will figure it out , i will tear in to it tomorrow

9. Sonic Buzz

Sonic Buzz Member

i try 2 keep it in good shape its looks dam good i just about redone everything could 1 of the pins be bent.. i just dont think theres any stops beacuse the blade the top of the blade is end to far towards the truck its driving me crazy

10. welded wrenches

welded wrenches Senior Member

hi over tripped meyers

sounds like blade triped n went to far back wen it triped. y/n ..are your blade springs bent-twisted at wierd angle...anyhow you probally wont be able to bump it back with by using a curb.Take a tow chain-tow strap n throw over the top of blade and downward n hook it on to mounting hole for the shoe.hook the other end on a tree and backup your rig slowly tighting chain.reverse slowly until blade trips backinto position.and go forward slowly n unhook chain..check for wornout pivit pins..if possible install oversized pivot pins.them pivot pins that are cross drilled for grease fittings are very soft n weak pretzel company..(clumsy meyers tripping over 2 left feet shoes lol)

11. Sonic Buzz

Sonic Buzz Member

Hey thanks there for the chain tree advice worked great fixed in about 1minute... things to remember...............

12. welded wrenches

welded wrenches Senior Member

hi snowbie

your welcome on that 1 min fix

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Hope you actually plan to fix it for real now or you'll be "fixing" it time and time again once you begin to actually use it.

Need to do some pivot pin and tube repair and add a set of stops to really fix it. :nod: