1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blade turns to easy

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Donny O., Dec 5, 2006.

1. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

just bought a truck witha sno way on it...not sure the exact model as the plow doens't say and the paperwork all says for a 24 or 25 series....so it's one of those. anyway I plowed with it for the first tim last friday. it seems to want to turn to easy when pushing and won't hold it's angle....also if i'm pushing and want to turn it one way or the other it's not real fond of doing that either when there is a load.

i'm no plow expert but I did look over all the paperwork and some other reading/talking to people and had an idea of what it might be. there is supposed to be a 2000PSI preasure release valve so you don't damage the plow if you hit something. well if you ask me it is turning way before hitting this value so i think there might be a issue with that. anyone know anything about that or is this a dealer only isssue? common problem??

any help is appreciated.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

This link will take you to the instructions for checking and setting the crossover relief valve, you want page 9 http://www.snoway.com/service/Fenner Repair/97100036A.pdf

There should be a serial number on the a-frame the first 3 digits will tell you 24 or 25, and D down pressure or G gravity.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
  3. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

thank you I appreciate the help. that should come in very handy....guess i need a preasure guage now...any recomendations on one? i'm assuming your a sno way dealer/service provider. is there a normal failure/problem you see that should be the first thing to check if preasure is low? i'm jsut assuming some things are more common than others. I guess it is also possible it was never set properly from the start and it's a simple adjustment.

BTW I could be wrong but I think the serial number starts with 21....but i'm not looking at it right now so I could be wrong. I did look at all the tags on it thinking it would give me a hint somewhere and don't remember seeing a 24 or 25 starting a number anywhere. will check tomorrow.

thanks again for the quick informative reply.

4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

The serial # will be located on the a-frame of the plow. Since you have the manual you do the # should start with a 24D or 25D if a down pressure model, or 24G or 25G if a gravity model. As basher has mentioned it sounds as if the crossover relief needs to be adjusted. Use the manual that he sent you and let us know how you make out.

Happy Holidays,

5. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

well as i was removing it from the truck today it turns out to be a 24D. so any sugestions on where or what guage to get for testing? depending on the price i might jsut drop it at the dealer and say fix it!!

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snoway makes a test kit, includes all the fittings and a gage. It's pretty cool, has quick disconnects so you can install them once then test as desired fast and in the field. check your local dealer for price and availability.

7. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

well I called my local dealer and he had not heard of the test kit but said he would check into it and get back to me. 5 min later my phone rings. he said the kit is $114. for them to check my plow out for me would be ~$60.....i'm kinda broke right now so figured might as well jsut pay them to check it out and make adjustments or tell me whats wrong. I could get the kit and put it on and do it all myself but then what......my knowledge of hydrolics is not super great, and it kinda scares me so might as well let the pros get me all ready to go so i know it's right. mabye in the future if I get extra money I will add it and play with it.

anyway truck/plow goes in tuesday to get checked over. i appreciate the help thus far.

8. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

had the plow checked out today. the guy told me he bottomed out the crossover relief adjustment and could still turn the plow side to side by hand. so he tore it apart and cleaned everything then put it back together and it was fine. so problaby some dirt in a check ball or soemthing he said. $60 and it's all fine again.