1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blade trip with pro wings?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DirtyJerzey, Jan 19, 2008.

1. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Senior Member

A buddy of mine brought up a good point today. How do the pro plus plows trip with the pro wings attached? He thought the way the rubber cutting edge was designed on that sharp angle that the rubber edge actually bends. We got to thinking and Ive got no clue. So how does it work?

2. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

I have hit some curbs with the pro plus wings that have made the blade trip forward, but most of the time the rubber gives or rides over the obstruction. I have never had any problem with damage to the wings.

3. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Senior Member

I didnt mean the wings tripping, im wondering what the actual plow itself does. If i hit a man hole cover dead center of the plow the plow would trip, but how would it react with the wings on

4. Runner

Runner Senior Member

It just trips and keeps plowing. The wings don't come up off the ground and miss any snow, if that is what you mean.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

It would react the same the same way...wings on or off.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you lay the blade right over you can bend the wings. There is a post on her about bending their wings and we have a set in the shop are are completely bend. I think it happened when he was plowing a snow rain mix and 8" of accumulation. He laid the blade over and did not give it a chance to pop back up.