1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blade tilts right, when right or left is pressed..

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by 1lowGMC, Dec 1, 2006.

1. 1lowGMC

1lowGMC Member

Just like the title says. I am new to plowing and plows. After installing a 6.6' meyers plastic blade and a meyers pump (i'm not sure which model), The blade tilts right when either right or left is selected on the joystick. Up and down work fine. I pulled the solenoids, replaced all the o-rings, everything loked fin, and clean. After assembly the problem still was there. I only pulled the top two solenoids, should I pull the third one on the back? or is it a problem somewhere else? Thanks for any help.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check the "B" solinoild,

3. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Or the hydro quick connectors, that go to the pump from the rams...male and female.

6 bucks or so a piece at most good auto parts stores.

If its only going right. It must now be stuck all the way right by now.

Since it wont go left.

Right?

4. 1lowGMC

1lowGMC Member

It does get stuck all the way right. I have to unhook the lines, connect the two rams together and push it back straight by hand. Luckly the snow hasen't hit here yet.

Why would the quick connects affect that? excuse my ignorance, as I am new to this. Is there a check valve built in or something?

5. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

If the quick connect is not engaging right it won't allow fluid flow thru. I've had a similar problem with my meyers pump and found I didn't have the harness pluged in all the way on the slik stik controller, if you have a slik stik you might check that as well.

6. 1lowGMC

1lowGMC Member

I'll check that the stick connection, and I'll go get 2 sets of quick connects. New ones probaly would hurt.

Thanks for the speedy responce.

7. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

I need to revise my thoughts, I looked at my diagram for the pump. Defalt is for the pump to go left, no solenoids need to be powered for the plow to go left, so it could be one or a combination of the following, quick connects, hoses on wrong side with a bad connector, or somthing is cloged internally in the pump (unlikely, but possible.) The Meyer trouble shooting guide says to clean or replace the C valve, then retest, I would hope they know what they are talking about.

8. 1lowGMC

1lowGMC Member

Alright I'll look it to that also. Thanks again!

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

His complaint was it only angles Right. That is a b issue. If the hoses are hooked together and the blade moves, center it, now hook up the pump to the blade and try to angle left if it moves right the couplers must be ok because fluid flowed freely. that would lead to a "B" problem. either the coil isn't magnetizing, the valves isn't moving or it's not getting a signal from the control. check the meyers web site they have a trouble shooting section that covers the test procedures.

10. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

Ok, for 1lowgmc and basher, I went and double checked my truck and the
    meyer manual to make sure I wasn't loosing it. Basher I'm not trying to argue with you, I just want to make sure I'm explaining this correctly. The default of the pump on a
    e47 is for the plow to angle left, the c green wire coil will send the plow
    right, the b coil red wire raises the plow. If you go to the meyer plow
    site under service and support and go to service manuals, you can download a
    pdf file of the manual, check for sure which model pump you have first, the
    manual will have the wire and flow diagram for each movement and that might
    make it clearer. Hope this helps.

11. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

As you described the locations of your valves you have an E-47 pump. When you describe angling left or right, think of the direction the snow will roll off. The blade angled left will leave the snow piled on the left side of your truck.( and vise a versa). This will help us determine when the problem may be. Replacing the quick connects is a good idea as I have had many problems caused by these. Make sure you buy quality ones and replace in sets that are matched. Using 2 different brands may cause problems also.

12. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Id bet a dollar its the quick connects.

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Tsmith, your correct in saying that the default position IS LEFT....but if the C valve is stuck or bent (yes they will bend the C valve) the passage way will be open to the left angle cylinder all the time thus pushing the blade to the right no matter which way you angle it due to the valve beeing open. NOW.... here's what I'd bet is really going on ...the C valve isn't working at all (bad valve or no power to the coil) so the valve is closed all the time...BUT the next thing someone's gonna say is "then it should go left by default"...which generally that would be the case..... BUT,not if the hoses are hooked up backward's! It'll go right not left!

14. 1lowGMC

1lowGMC Member

Ok, thank you for clearing this up for me. If the direction is as you describe, than my blade IS sticking left. (Snow going to the left of the truck) Sorry for the mix-up, and thanks for the explanation of the direction.

Ok, so the blade is going left, or to "default" So how do I check my "C" valve? I already pulled both valves, cleaned, replaced all the o rings, and reassembled. Should I stick a meter on the wire and be sure it's getting power first?

Or should I just take this to a meyer dealer. Are they going to charge me an arm and a leg??

Also, could a mod change my thread title to Blade sticks left, instead of blade sticks right. Thanks.

15. BigBurban

BigBurban Member

http://www.meyerproducts.com/pdf/1-562 R16 E-57 Shop Manual.pdf

The above is a link to the meyers manual. Check out the troubleshooting section. It helped me out a ton when i had problems getting my old used plow going this year.

First check the C solenoid for magnetim (screwdriver by the nut holding the solenoid on should stick). If it is working and you said the o-rings are in good shape then that should not be the problem.

Second thing would be to replace the quick couplers. They gave me all sots of hell getting mine running (sometimes allowing flow and sometimes not)

16. 1lowGMC

1lowGMC Member

Thanks for the link. I printed the whole thing out and put it in a 3 ring binder for quick reference. I will try to diagnose this week. Good thing the snow hasen't hit us yet....

17. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

The C is the one closest to the couplers remove it and make sure you can easily push the inside with something. You can also ground it and put 12 volts to the green wire and see if it moves

18. RP AUTO REPAIR

RP AUTO REPAIR Junior Member

Hey How About Swapin The Hoses That Will Work

19. RP AUTO REPAIR

RP AUTO REPAIR Junior Member

Are The Seleniods Getting Power Properly Is The Valve Bad Or Stuck? What About The Bypass Valve

20. 1lowGMC

1lowGMC Member

Because I am such a beginner to plows and plowing, I am going to take it in to a meyer dealer today. I'll see what they say.