1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blade swap

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by garye5007, Aug 3, 2007.

1. garye5007

garye5007 Junior Member

Hello,
    I have a 8' X-blade with a minute mount 2 and I have a gravel drive i only plow my own.
    my question is, can i swap just the blade to a lighter duty blade that doesn't dig quite so bad?
    i have those "shoes " offered for x-blade and they don't help, i had a western on my last truck and that worked better..... it was lighter and didn't have the trip blade i'm sure the blade i have works great on paved, but i leave piles of dirt everywhere. i know its early but i don't want to wait til winter to figure ths out. any advice?

2. Theo Epstein

Theo Epstein Member

Yes, an HD Series blade will pop right onto the A-Frame of your XBLADE without having to change any other parts. It has a much less steep attack angle than the XBLADE and will not dig in as much on unpaved surfaces.

Also, Fisher has a new disc shoe kit coming out for the XBLADE in a few weeks. It should do a better job of preventing the blade from digging in than does the current combination curb/skid shoe kit that you're running.

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

You need to get a gravel pipe for your plow. Do a search about plowing gravel driveways. Its a pipe u cut a slot into and the weld in some nuts. So you can slide it over ur cutting edge, then clamp it inplace. The pipe just glides over the gravel and not dig in. Then quicky take it off and go back to plowing asphalt.

4. garye5007

garye5007 Junior Member

thanks for your advice! i'll check all!