1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blade swap for mm2,

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by lannysirois2@gm, Aug 11, 2015.

1. lannysirois2@gm

lannysirois2@gm Junior Member

Hi all,
    New to the forum and have a question for someone. Have heard of hooking up speedcast blade on mm1 headgear. Has anyone put a speedcast blade on mm2 headgear. My 7'6" Rd has finally had enough. Look forward to hearing if anyone has done this.

2. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

WELCOME----ur mm2 a frame will not fit a mm 1 moldboard/blade and a mm1 7.6 a frame wont fit a mm2 structure (rear 3 hole ears are to narrow SO you'll need to go with a 8 ft blade couple other things u cant use the real old speed cast blades that weren't made with a cross member if u find a 8 ft speed cast blade that does have the rear cross member youll need to cut that cross member and then get a longer piece and weld it further back in the gap towards the 3 hole ear tabs the reason u will need to do this is that IF u DONT the jack leg will come down and hit that cross member long story short no easy way other than going with a heavier 8 ft mm 1 blade and a frame or go with another 7.6 mm2 blade good luck

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  3. lannysirois2@gm

Thanks for the reply. I acquired an 8' speedcast blade for peanuts and was trying to do a blade swap on the cheap. The pins measured out the same so I "assumed" the rest would be pin hole plate adjustment and some torch work.

4. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

yea if u can live with the xtra weight just move the a framew crossmember anf ur goodThumbs Up

5. lannysirois2@gm

The pin hole plates are higher up on the speedcast( by 3 1/2") than my mm2. Do you think this might be problematic?

6. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

that shouldn't be does the speedcast have the slide pads on OR a lot more meet on the cutting edge than ur old blade ?? if worse comes to it u might need to put a longer lift chain on it

7. lannysirois2@gm

No and no, both are sitting flat on floor minus a frames, measured from top of cutting edge, but if it's just a chain gig I'll take it.

8. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

sry on that but I don't know

9. lannysirois2@gm

Thanks for all the help, I was doing a lot of wondering in silence, it was good to bounce it off someone else:)