1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blade stuck right blows fuses trying to go left

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by joshuakline8378, Nov 4, 2009.

1. joshuakline8378

joshuakline8378 Junior Member

i han an 8' ultramount proplow on a 2006 dodge 2500 diesel and i use a joy stick controller
    when i activate the solenoid next to the battery the plow will go right even when the controller is not plugged in when i use the controller it will go up and down fine but when i try to go left it will blow the fuse instantly please let me know what suggestions you have or if you need more info please let me know
    joshuakline@yahoo.com

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If jumping the underhood solenoid (even with the controller disconnected) makes it angle right then you either have a stuck S2 valve...or constant power to it due to a short in the control harness or grill plug. Most likely a short.

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

short somewhere. trace the plow harness from plow into the cab. take the cover off at the motor and see if the green or blue is pinched.

4. joshuakline8378

joshuakline8378 Junior Member

it was the first time on for the season i put in a new fuse and cycled it all the way to the right and now it works fine so maybe it was the valve stuck and just needed to cycle once thanks for the quick responses
    josh

5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

we had nothing better to do.ussmileyflag