1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blade stuck on bumper.....?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Old Red Mopar, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Old Red Mopar

Old Red Mopar Junior Member

Hi Everyone, First post... I'm a home owner w/ 88 Dodge lawn ornament at the moment.
    Its a Meyer plow older setup, my truck has a 4" tube bumper and it looks like the last rib on the blade is stuck on the bumper after being cranked too far right (Thanks to friend). It will only go up & down on the left side. Any ideas on unsticking it without damaging fully extended left ram? In the process my 4x4 has jumped ship as well....2H and N only. Can it be convinced to go in from underneath? Thanks in advance..... "The new kid"

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

disconnect the angle hoses and couple them together. push against something to straighten the blade. look at the 4x linkage underneath truck. anything jammed in there? shut it off and put it in neutral. block the tires or set the E brake if you know it works and will release. look at shift lever while someone else shifts it. can you help it along manually?

3. Old Red Mopar

Thanks, I'll try in the a.m., the 4wd shift lever is really sloppy. I had it engaged til I put the plow back on and backed up and its been out ever since. It sounds like its grinding when I try to put it in 4H , like it wont pull back far enough and I need to cut the opening back...maybe I can tap it back from below ?

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

try to shift it hard. put it in neutral and bang it home. if you shift slowly it will grind. rolling while shifting helps.

5. Old Red Mopar

will do! I'll let you know...