1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blade struggles to angle

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by CAT 245ME, Dec 5, 2007.

1. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I have a conventional belt driven plow that was working fine until yesterday afternoon when I tried to angle the blade to the left but it would struggle to move, but when I angled to the right there was no problems and then angle to the left and again the blade struggled to move, could the valve body be the problem?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Could be rubbing have someone work the controls while you look.

3. CAT 245ME

Didn't see any rubbing, I figure it is in the valves.

4. MOXIE

MOXIE Member

Swap the Q/Disc on the angle hoses and see if the problem moves to the other side. If it does, then it's in the valve, if it doesn't its binding in the blade.
    MOXIE

5. CAT 245ME

I just went out and put the blade back on the truck to swap the dissconects and before I did anything I angled the blade to the left and it moved with out a problem, then back to the right and then back to the left and the blade moved the way it should, I never did anything to it.:confused:

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Don't touch it again!:rolleyes: