1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blade replacement

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by reandersen, Dec 18, 2009.

1. reandersen

reandersen Junior Member

I have an older Fisher 6 1/2' conventional plow on my 95 Jeep Wrangler. I have plowed with it for 14 years and the blade is on its last leg.. I have replaced everything over the past year or so except the blade. There are a lot of worn out blades available or lighter duty blades like the Homesteader but I would like to keep a beefy blade. I was wondering if a HS blade would work and if so are they still available. We get over 100" of snow so it gets a good workout. I am open to any ideas from the experts.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I'm assuming your talking about the mold board and not the cutting edge. How bad is it? any pixs you can post of it? You maybe able to put a poly sheet over it,

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Pics would help. There's still a ton of those blades running. Just need to find one that hasn't had much use.

4. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

I put a poly sheet over my old Meyer.....It comes in various colours, but this was free........

[​IMG]

5. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Slick job Poncho! Snow probably doesn't stick! quick and easy no welding or painting!

6. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Doesn't stick....Well, maybe a bit at the top of the cutting edge......You can see how cheap I am, I redrilled the edge and flipped it over......LOL

7. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

hey whatever works! if it moves the snow thats all that counts-- Poly sure is a fix for that blade thats a sponge --won't take too long + no need to paint! Just drill a few holes up top and Bam! I'm going to mention it to a buddy whose top is starting to show signs of rot (MM1) --we were thinking of reskinning the thing this spring --WHY! I really like your fix!