1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blade replacement( poly)

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by vlc27, Dec 19, 2008.

1. vlc27

vlc27 Junior Member
    from nj

I have a lot of sidewalk to clear with an ATV and I want to know where I can find a good rubber (poly) blade to replace my current 54 inch blade. I believe it is a cylcle country plow. Not sure if this is the best plow to begin with but this is my first experience using the ATV for this purpose. I have always used snow blowers and I got tired of them. Thanks for any advise or suggestions.

2. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

:D:D:D
    Here you go!!!
    http://www.rubbercal.com/Poly_Blades.html

3. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

i say find a thick conveyer belt and cut a strip out you could probably go to some kind of factory and they would have old ripped ones

4. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

Read the post as he is asking for Poly which is sturdy and will not bend over like rubber will!!!!!!!!!!
    :D:D:D:D

5. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

he said rubber (poly) so i told him how to get a rubber edge

6. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

I tried rubber from a conveyor belt around 1/4 in thick and it did not work as it bent over and plowed very uneven, and slid over the snow. my poly is 1 1/4 in thick and does not give at all lol. :D:D:D