1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blade raises when turns

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by XyellowX, Feb 25, 2013.

1. XyellowX

XyellowX Junior Member

I have a 7 1/2 straight blade that I was told is 9 years old. The truck side is all new as of last year. When I turn left or right the whole blade assembly raises. I cleaned and checked all the connectors and still the same. Used it 2 days ago for an hour with no problems. Fluid is about a 1/4 inch below full mark. Any ideas? I'm new to plowing and don't have any more ideas what it could be

2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

So when it's in float mode it raises when turned? If it only raises slightly when you turn it when it's already up I wouldn't worry about it. I have had a few (maybe all) that do it. I don't plow with it up so not an issue.

3. XyellowX

XyellowX Junior Member

Just got done messing with it more and its not entering float mode. Would a relay cause that?solinoid?

4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Your controller doesnt change to orange?

5. XyellowX

XyellowX Junior Member

Not unless I hold it down for about 4 secs. That's the least of my problems now. Some wreckless driver slid into my plow headon today. Now it makes some binding noises and is crooked. Nothing looks bent. Where can I find specs so I can do some measuring

6. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

My straight always raised slightly after angling L or R. I didn't like that at first either. But was told that is normal.

Sorry for the mishap. Don't know that there is any measuring specs. You may have to compare to another plow. Maybe you bent a hydraulic ram.