1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blade question?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by tkahike, Dec 22, 2006.

1. tkahike

tkahike Member

I just picked up a 1994 Ford 250 with an 8ft fisher plow on the front. I'm trying to determine which model the plow is. This would probably be easier with a picture and will try to do that later.

My main question is, how hard is it to change to cutting blade? This blade folds underneath. Sorry my other truck has a Western Unimount, and this is different to me.

The hydraulics are pump driven off the engine. The frame is really heavy duty and has only two pins to the frame mount and the chain.

Thanks for the help with my general description, maybe I should have just said I have a plow, name it :D
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

What you have is an older Speedcaster set up.

As for changing the cutting edge, not to hard to do, fisher does make a spring compression tool that helps getting the springs off and back on.
  3. tkahike

tkahike Member

Thank you.

I'm wondering if it would just be easier to have the blade changed out for me. The truck is not going to be used for heavy use plowing, mainly driveways. So I think one changing of the cutting blade once will last the life of the truck.
  4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Actually, if there are still holes showing in the base angle, you can just bolt on a cutting edge, if the base angle is worn to the holes or past, you need to replace the base angle.

Fishers were designed to be run with out a cutting edge and just use the base angle to a certain point and then bolt on a cutting edge, some people would bolt a cutting edge up to the base angle when it was new.

heres a link to fishers conventional plow guide, just in case you ever need it

5. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Should not be any harder than changing the Westerns edge. Are the bottom of the springs worn off?
  6. tkahike

tkahike Member

Thanks everyone. There is actually some real good steal left on it. The truck was used by a private company to do it's lot, so it is only worn on the drivers side. Thanks to crash935's post I called and can pick up an add on steal cutting edge and bolt kit for $125.

Going to do that today.

Thanks again.