1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blade or v-plow?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by kfish, Nov 30, 2005.

1. kfish

kfish Junior Member

New to plowing. Will be doing mostly driveways and some lots. Is a v-plow the smarter choice that I can grow into? Don't want to buy one thing and then wish at some time later that I should have spent more and gotten something more versatile that I could grow into. Thank you -
  2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I personally like straight blades. When I bought my F-450, I put a 9'2" Boss V on it. I did a swap with my dealer for a 9' straight blade after having it for 2 months. Maybe I should have given myself more time to get use to it. But I would tell you to get a straight blade because if your fairly new to the business, it's alot easier to use a straight than a v-plow. Just my 0.02.
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

V plows are great for drives, Once you get the hang of it you can clear a drive faster with a V plow. :waving: