1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blade not level when angled??

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by MT250, Dec 3, 2013.

1. MT250

MT250 Junior Member
    from North

I am pretty happy with the 8.5" Blizzard on my 95 F250. The only problem is that the trailing end of the plow drags when the plow is angled and up off the ground slightly. Doesn't matter which way the blade is angled. I have a 1000' driveway of crushed stone to plow and I like to plow with the blade just off the surface of the driveway until it gets packed down a little. The truck is a pretty typical height, just an extra leaf up front, no crazy lift or sagging front end.

Is there a way to make it plow level with the blade angled?

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

put shoes on

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yes there is. But theres no way your plow will be able to do it. So go with.the shoes or don't angle as much

4. MT250

MT250 Junior Member
    from North

It has feet on it but that doesn't keep it from tearing the driveway up. When the trailing end is just touching the groung, the leading end is 8-10" off the ground. I want to be able to plow with the blade level and just 2-3" off the ground.

5. MT250

MT250 Junior Member
    from North

Yes there is? What? Please elaborate

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Your plow cannot due to the power hitch nor can a typical plow so its not plausible.
    It will never not dig in. Straight blade the plow and it'll stay level.

7. Antlerart06

If shoes tearing it up Next go with adjustable dolly wheels

8. MT250

MT250 Junior Member
    from North

That sounds promising! I'm not finding any for Blizzard plows, do you know where to get them?

9. Antlerart06

I don't know where get them I never needed a set My county has them on there trucks they run them for the county gravel roads

10. coryservices

coryservices Junior Member

I would check your A frame I have ran into several factory direct from blizzard that were put together wrong whrn you level across the back of the frame the center pin is out of plumb, blizzard rep came out and looked and they replaced the whole a frame 3 diffrent times before we got a good one,

11. MT250

MT250 Junior Member
    from North

I will check that. It sounds like there is no way to repair it, other than replacing the A frame, is that correct? Thanks

12. coryservices

coryservices Junior Member

yes unless you can find a machine shop or welding shop that will repair if you level your a frame they can cut out the pin hole and level it with frame and reweld it

13. Michael Frank

Michael Frank Junior Member

You may want to check the height of the A frame. This may be what Cory was referring to. The Blizzard height adjustment must be done on the truck side. If the truck is too high or too low, the plow will not sit/ride flat if it is angled.

If this is a Power Hitch 2 mount, it requires a height adapter plate. See the link, page 8. Do you have this piece in place? http://library.blizzardplows.com/blizzardplows/pdffiles/41630.00_061511.pdf

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  14. damian

damian Senior Member

m frank is right,your plow mount is too high,your truck is lifted,or your tires are too big. the book tell how high the push beam should be positioned on the truck from the level ground. you must make it that dimension or the geometry wont be right when angled. the more level the a-frame sits when down the better. or put a different way,the more vertical[exactly straight up and down] the center pivot bolt is the better.

15. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I beg to differ with both of you. OP states he is plowing with the blade raised. A-frame geometry is always going to cause leading edge to be higher when plow is raised, with the truck side mount set at stock specs. To achieve level blade with blade raised and angled, the truck side mount would have to be set HIGHER than stock, which wouldn't be optimal for angle of attack, in straight forward plowing. I think you misread his question.

The only way for a blade to be level, leading to trailing is if the a frame is level, and if OP is plowing with plow raised, truckside will have to be higher to level aframe.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  16. damian

damian Senior Member

sorry i thought his problem was while pushing snow level. there is no way to maintain a level blizzard plow while in the raised position.