1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blade moves (angles) when plowing

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Bostonyj7, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

Ive noticed that my blade shifts when Im pushing snow or backdragging. I start it straight and it is angled to the left when I lift it again. I can move the blade with the angle pistons by hand 6"very easyie, and then it stops. I can then push the blade by hand the other direction 6" and then it stops. Do I have air in the lines? I added fluid to the pump and angled the blade back and forth a few times but it still happens.

Any help. Am I wrong in my thinking?

C-

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  2. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

crossover relief valve?

3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

air in the pistons. you need to bleed them

4. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

Thats what aI thought. Ill bleed them again when the sun comes up. Must have a leak somewhere.

5. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

if u have a fluid leak it can suck air back into the system.

6. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Cylinders could be going bad. Might need to look at the rams to make sure they are not all rusty and pitted. Could be a bad seal also.

7. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

the rams look good. I have the nuts tight, but thers still a tiny leak forming around it.

8. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Sounds like it's time to re-pack your cylinders.

9. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

Ive noticed that the nut backs off as I plow. I just tightened it up again. I did it before my rounds the other night. Is this normal, this backingnout? Im sure I tightned it up firmly