1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blade lifting slow

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by nathan11507, Dec 22, 2012.

1. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

how fast should my straight blade lift seems slow to me

2. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

awesome question. thank you for all the information
    if you feel the plow is lifting snow then check the hydraulic fluid and the filters. then check the hoses and fittings for clogs

3. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

LOL! Reminds me of the service calls we get during big storms.
    Caller: "My plow doesn't work!
    Us: "What is not working?"
    Caller "It doesn't _______"
    Us: "What type of plow do you have?"
    Caller: "I don't know ... I think it's red"

4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

How slow? What do you consider slow? How long does it take? How cold is it outside? Have you checked the fluid level? What are you using for fluid? Is the voltage dropping? Have you load tested the batteries? What is the alternator putting out? That should keep you busy:mechanic:

5. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

well thanks for smartass remarks in the first two responses....and its 7 1/2 straight blade i dont know what else u want me to tell ya....as for answers to the last repsonse the fluid is full and the hose are new...the temp has been above freezing....and i have two new red top optima batterys on chevy 2500 avalanche with 145 amp alternator...it just seems slow to me compared the meyers i had on my other avalanche last yr is all.....i was just wondering if the all go up slow and i wasnt stating at a snails pace..just im used to it raising faster is all since this is my first hiniker....sorry i was precise in the descriptions

6. NICHOLS LANDSCA

I'll time one of the scoops tomorrow for you

7. NICHOLS LANDSCA

About 2.2-2.3 seconds, note it was 0*F. I just hooked up the plow and timed it 3 times so the fluid was cold. Hope that helps

8. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

okay thanks mine is about 3-4 seconds just thought it would be quicker my old meyers flew on the way up butthats why all plows are different...thanks for ur help

9. NICHOLS LANDSCA

If it's taking that long I'd guess somethings up, 4seconds would be twice as long as mine