1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blade is lower than before

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by morrisj2, Feb 9, 2015.

1. morrisj2

morrisj2 Member
    from Toronto

My blade use to rise so it blocked my head lights. The plow is a western pro plus. Now it raises about a foot lower than before. A few weeks ago i could not get it to line ip with mu mount so i had to jack it up to get it in the recievers. When i had it on the jack i lowered the blade so i am not sure if that is what caused it. How do i get the blade back to its normal height when fully raised? The dealer insatlled it so i have no clue and would prefer to try myself. I also adjusted the chains but think i put them back at the correct hieght, maybe i was one chain link lower than before.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Is something bent? Shorten the chain, It will go higher until it hits the stops.
    Is the fluid low? Not lifting all the way?
    Is there a lot of ram sticking out when you put the chain on?

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well there's no normal height other than, it's high enough off the ground not to hit anything

4. morrisj2

morrisj2 Member
    from Toronto

Makes sense and it is high enuff of the ground to not hit anything but it was higher before and what i was thinking is i would like it that height again because i maybe able to stack higher.

5. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

thats what loaders are for Thumbs Up

6. morrisj2

morrisj2 Member
    from Toronto

Dont't need a loader. Just want my plow the same hight as it was installed, if it is possible.

7. morrisj2

morrisj2 Member
    from Toronto

Anyone have a solution for this? My plow is a foot lower when raised all the way than it was when installed by the dealer.

8. xgiovannix12

adjust the chain

9. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

As posted above , shorten the chain and see if it raises higher . If not , low fluid or something is bent .

10. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Is something bent? Shorten the chain, It will go higher until it hits the stops.
    Is the fluid low? Not lifting all the way?
    Is there a lot of ram sticking out when you put the chain on?

11. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Unimount, or ultramount.

12. morrisj2

morrisj2 Member
    from Toronto

Nothing is bent. I will try shorting the chains. Fluid should be good cause i only used it 7 times so far. Thanks for the suggestions i will try the chain and see.

13. morrisj2

morrisj2 Member
    from Toronto

Didnt see the post above before. Thanks for your reply i will try the chains

14. xgiovannix12

Just because you only used it 7 times dont mean the fluid is at the correct level .... OR not frozen

15. ppkgmsy

ppkgmsy Member
    from Vermont

If the plow suddenly stopped raising as high as it was before, check the fluid before doing anything else.