1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blade going up slow (Help!!)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jt764, Oct 15, 2004.

1. jt764

jt764 Junior Member

Hello
    My name is John and I'am from Syracuse ,NY and brand new to site.
    Just got a 95 Ford f-250 4x4 with a huge 9ft plastic blade plow.It all
    seems to work ok except for it is slow when I go to upward direction of plow.
    The left and right direction of plow blade works real good and fast.It is a Monarch system that I have not heard of before.Is this made in Canada ?
    Or is it some off beat brand that is obsolete that you can't get parts for?
    The tank and pump ect. is under hood.Only thing out front is the one hydraulic ram. I don't know when the last time the fluid was drained ect.
    Anyone have any suggestions on what I could try to make the plow blade pull up faster ? Thank you

2. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

It's a commercial plow, right?

3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

replace the fluid and check to see if their is any filters. there are alot of different things that could cause the plow to raise slowly.
    look for a data plate on the pump or resevoir (sp) and this will help you find out more about the plow.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  4. RICHIE K

RICHIE K Member
    from NJ

CHECK THE "B" COIL . DOES THE B COIL (RED WIRE) HAVE MAGNETISM ? IF YES CHECK "B" VALVE O RINGS, OR REPLACE "B" VALVE. IF NO IS THERE POWER TO THE "B" COIL ?

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU,

RICHIE K

www.kulakandcompany.com purplebou

5. jt764

jt764 Junior Member

Thanks

Thank You for help,and yes this is a 9 ft. commercial.

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The monarch power units are made in Grand Rapids MI and are quite good units (have been running one on my truck for about 15 years). Remember that it takes less effort to angle a blade than it does to lift it. Depending on what model unit you have, some did have a screen on the pick up tube inside of the reservoir that could be plugged. Start with checking to make sure you have good battery connections at the batt, motor solenoid and at the motor (You should also have a ground from the motor to the batt). Also check for pressure output by attaching a hydraulic pressure gauge (more than 3000psi) to the lift or turn hose. Should be more than 1200psi. Let us know what you find with these items and we will go from there.

7. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

also check to see if the fan belt is tight. This is a good system and I think I still have a few parts if needed. Motor and valve body plus tank and hoses.

There should also be a inline filter to change.