1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blade for clearing under semi trailers.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JD Dave, Mar 9, 2008.

1. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

2. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Looks like that works well, we just pull out from under with a 12ft angle blade on a 2sp skid steer but if you have alot of trailers and a decent amount of snow I could see that it could be beneficial. I would guess that you want an experienced operator running the tractor.

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Our best guy runs it, we only use it on really big storms. I like the 12ft on the skid idea though, never thought of that. The one place we do has close to 5000 trailers, with probably 1000 in the yard at any time, so yes it takes quite a while to do them all. It would be easier to run if it was out front but we made this blade up for around $1000, since we already had the blade.

4. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

thats awesome...i have a few properties with a lot of trailers that a thing like that would come in handy

5. onsight

onsight Senior Member

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The wing is a good idea but we made the blade 4.5 years ago and I didn't know about the wing.

7. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

I HATE WINGS THEY MAKE MY TUMMY UPSET:eek:

P,S, NICE FAB WORK JD MAKE SURE YOU TELL YOUR POP THAT CAUSE I KNOW HE DID IT LOL:drinkup::waving:

8. shepoutside

shepoutside Member

Very Wicked Ideal !!

9. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

1000 trailers ouch that must take some time!

nice fab work looks nice

10. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Great idea JD, enjoyed the video. We have a Costco Warehouse, and use an offset boxplow. Works well on trailers parked straight, but those at an angle, like in your video are real pita. Thanks

11. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Nice blade.

Looking at the vid it seems to do better then I 1st thought it would.
    Not much snow at all rolls over the top which is what I thought of when looking at the height of it.

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic