1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blade fitment question.

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by motorbreath, Dec 20, 2008.

1. motorbreath

motorbreath Junior Member

First off, I have a 29 series on my truck right now. Needless to say, a 7'6" plow on my truck is just not big enough. I've done alot of searching and am just not finding any options I like as far as wings go. I figure though if I'm gonna buy a bigger blade, I'de like to go bigger than 8'. The only way I can see is the 32 series which has 8'6" and 9' blades. So I guess my question is, can I buy a 32 series blade assembly and mount it to my 29 series stuff. If so, does anyone know what it would cost to do so? Thanks in advance.

2. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

motorbreath:

First thanks for being a Sno-Way customer, we appreciate your business.

The answer to your question is yes, you can adapt one of the bigger blades in place of your 29 Series Blade. The blade connection points are the same on both series of plow. The 32 Series uses two additional springs, you could order those with the blade or try it without and if it is too soft a trip for your liking, you could add the additional springs later. The only other difference between the 29 and 32 series is the height of the light uprights, the 32 Series light uprights are 3" higher.

Muskegon Brake & Distributing is your nearest Sno-Way retailer. You can contact them for pricing as Sno-Way does not set retailer pricing, we leave that up to our retailers.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You also need to change the blade trip polys.

4. motorbreath

Thanks for the quick responses guys, your probably right about the springs, the trip is quite soft for my taste as it is. If I do this I will probably get one elsewhere, I don't care to deal with my local dealer unless I absolutely have to.

Basher, what do you mean about the blade trip polys? I'm not sure I know what those are.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

6. motorbreath

Anybody know where I might be able to find a used one at?