1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blade drops

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Sod God 1, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Sod God 1

Sod God 1 Junior Member

I have a 8'2" v blade that slightly lowers while driving. I can't troubleshoot the problem, any help would be great.

2. pinepointe

pinepointe Senior Member

not sure what kind of plow you are using, but I had a BOSS do the same thing and it was a two fold ploblem. First I had water in the fluid I guess from condensation, second the water made the dump selinod freez and broke a seal inside the selinod 25$ fix

3. Thebosssnowplow

Thebosssnowplow Member
    from pa

Have a valve problem. Could be dirt or a faulty valve.

4. Hammer

Hammer Junior Member

Nine times out of ten, the valve is done for. The part number is HYD-01637 if I recall. Remove your front plastic cover, follow the hose from your lift cylinder to the manifold. Directly below the hose on the manifold is the the valve in question. Sockets needed, 3/4 shallowwell for the solenoid nut, and 7/8 deepwell for the valve. After you replace the valve, make sure not to exceed 5-7 foot lbs of torque on the nut, it will cause problems for you if you overtighten it.

5. Hammer

Hammer Junior Member

One more thought, if the coil doesn't want to slide off the valve, then chances are the valve shaft is swollen. You should be able to remove the coil with some effort. This would be a sure sign that the valve is bad. I've noticed that the valves swell sometimes and this would cause the blade to drop as time passes.