1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blade drop

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jayrock, Nov 30, 2008.

1. jayrock

jayrock Junior Member

I have a uni mount set up with the old style jot stick controller when you go and hit the down the blade just drops should the blade drop slowley or go down like the meyers do almost like a float mode is there some kind of adjustment i would think that if you hit the lever to go down and let of it should only go down as far as you have your ginger on the downward motion dont to drop right to the ground
  2. GreenKingL&L

GreenKingL&L Member

mine does the same, I plug one of my handhelds into and it almost floats down.
  3. RMHSR

RMHSR Member

This is going to be an answer with a follow up question. The answer portion is that there is an adjustment on the top of the block that is a set screw that you adjust while it is in the up postion to make it drop slower. This screw is called the quill adjustment. The question portion is what can be done move this screw. It seems to be seized in place. The screw looks like it had been replaced and I don't know if it had been thread locked or cross threaded. I have tried PB Blaster and have tried tapping on the screw and had no success.