1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blade drifting

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by plow this, Dec 15, 2010.

1. plow this

plow this Junior Member

I was curious if anyone has use cross over springs guys are selling on e bay? my blade drifts and i was wondering if this could be the problem. MDII w/E60 pump. I dont think spring has been replaced and plow is 2002 model. I have also seen 1 piece assy. but kinda pricey if all you need is the spring and if I replace with 1 piece unit will I have to adj pressure.Thanks

2. BBChevy

BBChevy Junior Member

If the Blade is Drifting Down,then you NEED to check the O-Ring on the Bottom of the Ram!
    Later
    G

3. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

If the blade is drifting down you need to check the A-valve. check the O-rings, and make sure the stem in the valve isn't stuck. The a-valve is the one with the black wire. But since you mentioned springs, Do you mean that the blade is tripping or laying over easily. If so your springs should have adjustments on them that you can tighten them up a little, or just replace them.

4. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

Wait a minute, is the plow drifting or is it not holding the angle ? because the springs I belive your looking at are for the crossover relief valve.

5. plow this

plow this Junior Member

Problem is plow not holding angle L or R.

6. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

OK , now we know witch direction to go in. First check the O-rings on the C-valve, that is the celenoid with the green wire. if any of the o-rings look damaged replace them. Then check the orings in the crossover relief valve. If any of those look bad replace them. and if the orings look ok then replace the whole valve. meyers part # 15606. But if you replace the crossover valve you need a pressure gauge to make sure the valve is set correct.

7. plow this

plow this Junior Member

Thanks for the help geer hed. I will start with the orings on c valve