1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blade dolly advice

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by pastordave, Dec 24, 2009.

1. pastordave

pastordave Junior Member
    from Ohio

I have a boss blade and I am looking for a suitable dolly for the support stand for when I have the blade off of the truck. I bought one and it collapsed before I even started rolling it. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

GLSCPE Junior Member

Check with Northern.com, I bought a set of snowmobile dollies years ago to move blades around and they worked pretty good as long as they are on a paved surface. Now we use pallets and a skid steer LOL.
  3. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

x2 on the snowmobile dollies. I just bought a second set last night and I got them from Menards. they were about 40.00 and they work great for moving them around in the garage.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

X3 on the snowmobile dollies.
  5. pastordave

pastordave Junior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks for all the good and quick responses guys. Very much appreciated. Looks like I am looking for some snowmobile dollies.
  6. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Try using a pallet jack. Makes it easy to move multiple blades and handles better than the "carts"
  7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

This is what I did. Harbor Freight, $200 brand new (4500lb cap, i think?) ).......but I also have other uses for it to justify the extra expense over carts.
  8. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Pallet jack by far. I used one when I took my plow to school to weld a new bracket onto it since i didn't have a big enough welder. worked really good when I used it to hook the plow back up