1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blade Chatter

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by red dog, Dec 7, 2011.

1. red dog

red dog Junior Member

When I angle my blade to the the right it comes to a stop fine.However when I angle to the left it chatters.It does not stop without shaking,what could cause this .Warranty up 6 days ago.

2. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

Are you using the joystick controller? Mine caused the plow to come to a hard and somewhat violent stop causing the whole truck to shake. The problem is that when you let go of the stick it stops the motor and closes the valves immediately. The handheld controller keeps the valves open a split second longer allowing the plow to glide to a stop.

3. red dog

red dog Junior Member

Handheld.New fluid change(Western brand),level up to full .Found blade was weak on raising last snowfall.Warranty up Dec 1 2011. This plow only used for personal use, still looks new and is stored inside during summer.How is Western's reputation for service in a situation like this?

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

did it do it right after the oil change ?

5. red dog

red dog Junior Member

Angeling issue was present before fluid change.The weak raising may be due to last snowfall being wet and heavy.Thinking button on hand control may be a little slow on releasing for a smooth stop.However if it was a valve or pump issue how is customer service with a problem so close to warranty expiration.

6. DJC

DJC Senior Member

It all depends on how good the dealer is. What town did you get it in??