1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blade brook after 1 day of plowing

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by condo plow, Jan 7, 2015.

1. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

Here are the pics of my Vxf 85 SS after one full route of plowing the v scraping blade broke off at the bend or weld

Is this covered by warranty

image.jpg

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  2. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

Here's more

image.jpg

3. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

As you can see there is no damage marks on the rest of the center blade

image.jpg

4. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I'm glad you posted this.

I have an hd75 where part of the outside cutting edge broke off.

Dealer said there was no way that it would be covered being a cutting edge.

My thinking is the AR steel they use is too brittle,especially in super cold temps.

Though, in your situation, and the plow being so new, I would think they would cover it under warranty.

5. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

That and the steel is probably 2-3 mm's too thin.

6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Was you plowing In V with the plow on the ground

7. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

No I wasnt plowing in v no need to. Straight and scoop

8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Did you adjust the center pieces so they weren't touching when you operate the plow? On my 3rd (and last) season with the factory cutting edge. Although I think the 9'6" plows have a thicker 1/2" Cutting edge vs the 8'6" ones.

9. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

Yes they were adjusted during install...

10. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

I've never seen the center edge break like that. Have your dealer call and we will discuss. They are 1/2" - so thickness is certainly not the issue.

Cutter edges are usually not warranty as they are wear items. It's a matter of the dealer believing that there was a defect that caused a fracture. The material is 1080/1090 steel - pretty much the same as every cutting edge out there.

HD plows andVMD75 have 3/8" for the main cutting edges. All other commercial plows are 1/2" (CM is 5/8")

11. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

why don't you ask your dealer if it is covered. in my opinion it should be but then that is just my opinion. like everyone else here it don't carry ant weight.

12. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

Thank you Scott. As you can see there is no damage on the rest of the center blade. I just got off the phone with my dealer McKenna they have the same pics as I posted on here and they already ordered the part I need and from what I understand it should be covered under the warranty. Anyone needs great service for your plow or truck go see McKenna 7401 St. Louis Skokie, il 847-673-7930 also they do have a emergency line for storm repairs, I believe we just call there main # leave a message and someone will call you back

I do not work or own at McKenna. We are just a customer that has been getting great service from McKenna

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015