1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blade angle

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 89K2500, Oct 3, 2005.

1. 89K2500

89K2500 Junior Member

Hello im new here. I have a problem with my blade angleing. its a conventional cable operated western plow when the blade is fully raised the blade angles really fast with no voltage drop at all. But when its lowered but not on the ground or on the ground its really slow and i see the battery volts drop alot any info will help alot Raise works great very fast up but lowewring the blade i think is to fast compared to my buddies western ultra mount. Thank you in advance.
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

It is probably because of the load and restriction from dragging on the ground. No restrictions in the air. Makes sense to me.
  3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Sorry, I did not see the part about being lowered but not on the ground. Might have something to do with your fluid level. I have never used a elec/hydro before, but since nobody has answered your question I figured I'd take a stab at it.
  4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

OH, the good old cable controlled pumps. These pumps are by far the hardest to troubleshoot, and the slightest adjustment can really make it do weird things. so now that i have you scared, try westerns site under publications, snowplows and then conventional for their mechanics guide. Check for cables being worn or bad ground to motor but i'm thinking adjustment in the pump becasue of the rapid rate of drop.
  5. 78W200

78W200 Member

The rate of drop has nothing to do with the pump itself. There are two seperate adjustments for raise and lower. The one on the truck side off the housing and has a big nut on it is for the raise adjustment the other is on the plow side if the pump and is either plastic or metal (depending on the age) plug and this one adjusts the lower it only takes about one eighth of a turn to make a difference. I'm not sure what to tell you about the angle prob. Go to Westerns web site and download the repair manual for your plow.
  6. 89K2500

89K2500 Junior Member

Thanks Lot for the info ive been messing around with it and man its a pain to adjust you do one thing and something else is slower rrrrrrrr.