1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blade angle and height

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by White Oak, Feb 4, 2009.

1. White Oak

White Oak Member

I am sure I will find some info on this when I do a search but I could use some help if possibel. I live in an area that does not get heavy snows and lots of freezing. I have always plowed with a meyers because they are light. I bought an 860 speedwing that is on my dodge 3500 and it is constantly digging in on the wings if I try to raise the blade to get up alittle on gravel when it is angled. Also when the blade is up and angled the corner is only about 3-6" off the ground and will hit the ground if the suspension travels over bumps. I am trying to get a u edge to help with the digging. In short is it possible to get the blade more level when angled??
    1989 Chevrolet with 7'6 Meyer E47 and pro wings
  2. mikefras

mikefras Member

Don't angle as much when traveling or shorten up on your lift chain may help
  3. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

no lift chain on that plow, its a direct ram. I have the same problem carrying my western so i just carry it straight, not too much you can do about it.
  4. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I always carry my blades straight while traveling, unless I am on a narrow street, and another car is comming, then I angle it towards the drivers side, and straighten it out as soon as the car passes.
  5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I would check to make sure that the mount is at the correct height if its digging while plowing.