1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blade always leans back?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tim99, Feb 11, 2006.

1. tim99

tim99 Junior Member
    from mn

have meyer st90 with three springs just put new springs on this winter and cant do one drive with out adjusting them now out of thread on eye bolts. I cant even get gap on them blade is always leaning back farther each time put new pins in and even welded in grease zerts in tubes on both sides of pins. and laid a couple of weld beads on top of the blade stops to get blade angle set. and it don't seem to last to long before it goes back to the way it was. weld to much on and cuts to hard not enough and just slides over top any better ideas on how to set angle on blade and get it to stay there at least for part of season?
  2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Some things to check,.

Is the a-frame level when blade is on truck and in down position?
    Has the king bolt been replaced?
    Is the sector bent?

Usually the pivot pins or mounts are the cause of the problem your describing.
    Were the mounts for the pins replace with the pins? They could be worn or not welded in to the correct location...
  3. Sumit14641

Sumit14641 Junior Member

Sector Pins

I'm really not quit sure how to explain the problem but I do know what's wrong with the plow. Your mold board where the sector pins slide into is worn. The problem requires welding a piece of metal stock onto this sector pin mount. I've had this problem numerous times with older Meyer plows 2+ years old.