1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bladder tanks

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by fireside, Feb 2, 2013.

1. fireside

fireside Senior Member

My local VA hospital is using a 300 gallon rubber bladder tank for liquids.The bladder is almost like a tempory fuel storage bladder. It's a very simple system. The bladder full is around 14" to 16" tall and just sit in a 3500 mason dump.I would like the system at the end of season just roll it up. They have no info on it or even who sold it to them. The system has no marking to who made it. My question is anybody using one?

It was pretty funny watching them pre treat with mag than spreading sand and salt mix on top. Just shows why are taxs are so high!
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  2. hatefulmechanic

hatefulmechanic Senior Member

3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

4. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

5. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

Actually after the initial cost of equipment..(Which was probably very minimal since they chose a bladder tank opposed to a poly tank) they very well could be SAVING money. On average I can cut my Rock salt usage down by about 10-20% when pre-wetting it with Salt Brine LIquid Calcium Chloride. In addition, to the salt reacting INSTANTLY!
  6. fireside

fireside Senior Member

If you watch how they do it there is no money savings.Sand and salt is being used as a pre trea on top of the mag. At this time it looks just like a beach. there is 6" plus of sand on the sides of the roads and in the parking lots