1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blackline ATV Plows - Any Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SNOWBIZ, Sep 11, 2007.

1. SNOWBIZ

SNOWBIZ Junior Member

Hi all - I've been a Plowsite member for a while now, I mainly lurk around, gleaning helpful information when I need it, and at times laughing my butt off at all of the controversies, hashed out on here.:nod:
    Anyway, I bought a Polaris Quad and I'm looking seriously at the blackline plows, probably the 52 inch. Does anyone have any real world experience with one of these plow? Is the power angle worth the extra $$$. Thanks for any help.

2. Greenscape4u.co

Greenscape4u.co Senior Member

Hello Snowbiz,

just checked Blackline out on the web and I am considering one for my Honda Rincon as well. looks overkill if anything which is a breath of fresh air for us ATV users. I stopped using the ATV system because it was a pain , this looks commercial grade.

3. Kason & Riley

Kason & Riley Senior Member

I have two blackline 60" plows. My sidewalk crew snap two actuators( that raise the plow up and down) $250 a piece and completely trashed the one beyond repair. Now since I personally did not use them and if I did I'm sure they would held up alittle better. I will be going back to the cheaper ones for the fact they held up better and money difference . The blackline plows seem to built solid and are very heavy .But they should have held up better than they did. It was alot of money for disposable plows.

4. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I haven't seen any quad plow that will stand up to commercial use. I have welded wear bars on the bottom of mine. The problem is if it is strong enough to go commercial then it is too heavy for the quad. If you do any kind of distance plowing with a quad, just make sure you have a welder and bar stock.

That sounded negative, but the fact is there is nothing faster, more maneuverable or cheaper than a quad with a plow on it for sidewalk snow removable under 6".