1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blackline ATV plow with down pressure

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by hickslawns, Dec 28, 2010.

1. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

I am listing my ATV plow for sale. We used it part of last season and this was all. We have multiple ATV plow setups and i would like to be able to interchange any ATV or plow in the event of a breakdown. This is the nicest setup we have, but I don't want to put the money into a couple more of these so they all match. We are just going to buy some more of the cheapy throw away plows like our other quads are using.

This particular setup is truly the Cadillac of ATV plows. It is made by Blackline and lifts higher than all the other plow setups we have used. It also provides down pressure when all the way down. Great all around plow in great condition! It was used part of last season only. It has a Quadboss blade on it but could be changed out for any moldboard. This plow also has the ability to add power angle. It currently does NOT power angle. You have to get off the quad and manually angle it as it is setup. These are $1500 new. I am selling for $500 without the mount, $550 with the mount. It is currently mounted on a 2003 Yamaha Kodiak 450 but would work on others too.

If you look at the suspension in the three pictures of the plow raised, sitting level, and lowered all the way, you can sort of see the down pressure.

For any questions, call me at 419 233 9339. I do not check this site every day. Thanks, Phil

IMG00381-20101228-1347 plow up ATV.jpg

IMG00382-20101228-1348 plow down ATV.jpg

IMG00383-20101228-1348 plow down pressure ATV.jpg

IMG00385-20101228-1350 plow front up ATV.jpg

IMG00386-20101228-1351plow angled ATV.jpg
  2. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

I should have added, the mount does not sit under the quad. It is mounted in the front and the plow hooks onto the ATV via a Reese Hitch style receiver. You slide it in just like you would a hitch on your truck and pin it. Very simple, yet effective design which does not reduce your ground clearance throughout the rest of the year!

IMG00387-20101228-1352 plow controller ATV.jpg
  3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Stupid question maybe, but does it float in the down position, then allow for down pressure as well? Or is is just up and down? Do you have a link available to what they use for angle cyls? I'm more curious than anything, so I don't mean to waste your time.
  4. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

I just did a google search for "Blackline plow" and found it. Does not float in models with down pressure. I see they have lowered some prices on the basic up/down model, but the angle option is more expensive now. Revamped their website too. Still a very heavy duty plow for an ATV. Add in shipping and a mount on the up/down/down pressure model and you are still over a grand for a new one. Hope this info helps.
  5. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Going to my ebay store soon. Just thought I would offer it to the members on plowsite first. Thanks
  6. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

SOLD!!! This unit is no longer available.