1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blackbear Performance Tune in MA

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by knpc, Nov 20, 2009.

1. knpc

knpc Senior Member
    from MA

I was wondering if anyone on here that lives in MA was interested in getting their truck custom tuned by Justin at Blackbear. From what I've heard he is the best at doing GM trucks. He needs a certain number of people that want it to make the trip out here. Let me know.

2. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

My mechanic is the only local installer in my area for it. He has done a few trucks and he has been very impressed with the results. Theyre website is very informative as well. What truck are you going to do it on?

3. nhgranite

nhgranite Senior Member
    from N.H

how much does this run money wise usually?

4. knpc

knpc Senior Member
    from MA

http://www.blackbearperformance.com/

It runs around $250 and should give a good increase in performance and mpg. They are on the west coast but he plans trips to different states to tunes. I've heard nothing but possitive things from people that have had it done. He adjusts the engine and tranmission settings to make it run better and smoother.

5. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

You put his software into a laptop, then drive for 30 mins with the laptop plugged in. You drive your normal route, or what would represent your normal driving habits. It saves that info and you send it to him. They send you a new ECM, just plug it in and send the old one back as a core.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Justin and Jenna aren't on the west coast, they're in Alexandria Virgina. :salute:

7. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

You can't even stump him on geography!!!:angel:

8. knpc

knpc Senior Member
    from MA

Your right I'm wrong, Your smart I'm stupid, Your good looking and I'm not so attractive. :blush2:

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

My point was he's alot closer to you than you thought. :D

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Is that a movie line? Bill Murray?

Where in Mass are you?

11. knpc

knpc Senior Member
    from MA

It is a movie line Adam Sandler in Happy Gilmore
    Thanks B&B, Not sure why I thought he was in cali. I could go down and back in a day now that I know he's that close.
    2COR517 I live in Randolph, MA just south of boston.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  12. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

I would be game

13. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Do you have a date in mind? I might be interested depending.

14. knpc

knpc Senior Member
    from MA

Once there are enough people confirmed a date will be set. It is tentatively scheduled for march. It is being organized by a guy on fullsizechevy.com thats how I found out about him coming to MA

15. mrwinter

mrwinter Member
    from Boston

Im in keep me posted thanks Adam

16. sparky8370

sparky8370 Senior Member

Sounds like he's just doing an auto ve tune. If you wanted to be able to tune and adjust in the future on your own, go to the efi live forum http://forum.efilive.com/ and look up auto ve. It costs $749 from most vendors and includes two licenses, additional are $99/ea. And then you can tune, log, scan, and fine tune or add power- whatever in the future. If you found 4 other guys that wanted to do it and charged them $150 you would have a v2 for $450. Nine more people and you could pay for the unit and still have it.

You can download the software for free if you sign up on the forum and there is a tutorial on how to do the auto ve.

17. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I'm all over it, but where in MA? I'd be willing to travel to the Danvers area or north of Boston

18. knpc

knpc Senior Member
    from MA

The location hasn't been decided yet but I'm sure they will pick somewhere central to all of us. Also if you change anything on the truck in the future(tire size, exhaust, cold air intake, ect,) he will adjust the tune for free.

19. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Ahh yes LOL

Maybe Worcestor? Easy for lots of us to get to?

20. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Hows he going to do that? I can't see him traveling back up here just because I changed my exhaust setup?

How many people does he need to travel here? And how many people do you have now?