1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Black soot all around my tail pipe

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by chasity2682, Jul 20, 2010.

1. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

I got a 2010 F350 XL and it has 7000Km or 3500 Miles and it has a lot of black soot all around the tail pipe. I took it to the dealer and he said this is normal.
    Does anybody else have a different opinion>

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

You have a 8" blade :eek: Can you post up pics of that :drinkup:

3. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

thanks for the useless comment, I am sure everybody is waiting for more. But i will get that fixed for you asap

4. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

my 93 does the same thing! no worries

5. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Do you drive hard with the truck? Tow alot and heavy? Most likely normal, probably is just a carbon trail in the exhaust. Maybe something else. Does your fuel economy seem odd compared to other V10 trucks?

6. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

I do some heavey towing about once a week. and my fuel economy is crap just like the rest of them.

7. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Its an easy mistake... No worries bud... Just thought I'd point it out for ya... It bumped your thread to begin with...

8. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Find a used gas truck on a dealer lot (a v10 if you can) and look at the pipe. Take a white rag and wipe it. In the end, it seems absolutely normal to me. Should be nothing to worry about. Maybe due to the heavy towing once a week there might be more soot showing itself because of the added strain on the motor pulling the load. Its possible that the gas you are getting could have something to do with it as well, not sure though.

9. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

How did you come up with your username?

It's normal! Your dealer knows what he or she's talking about!

10. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

I dont need to use a rag on mine all the soot i am talking about is on the outside of the tail pipe for about an inch. but i am gonna check the other lots

11. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

I got it in high school as a nick name. why do you ask?