1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BJ's Wholesale Club

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Landscape80, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with them in the past. How do they pay, are they cheapskates or do they pay good money for good work? Any help would be appreciated ASAP. Thanks guys......and gals:D:D

Chris

2. bowties&meyers

bowties&meyers Junior Member

bjs

All of ours went out of biz!!!:mad:

3. Landscape80

That sucks.....

I have decided to at least give them a bid. I'm 99% sure that they aren't going anywhere since they've been here for quite a few years. On the other hand, I'm bidding against other and probably bigger contractors, so we'll see what pans out.....if its good, this round's on me:drinkup: if it's not ....:angry: watch out

Chris:angel:

4. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

Well just to let you in on some info, Bj's changed over to US Maintenance for all of thier plowing, lawn and janitor services, apparently they give a low bid just to get the contract. then they call local contractors and tell you they will pay you 40% of what they are getting. good luck we serviced a BJ'S for 4 years doing plowing and lawn maint and we were under bid by about 30%. Plus BJ's usually pays in like 120 days if your lucky.

5. Landscape80

Thanks for the info. When I gave them the proposal (today) I included my complete contract in the back, it states that I gotta have $$ in 30 days or I charge interest. I dunno, like I said, just gotta wait and see what happens.

Chris

6. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

Forget that! they won't sign your contract you have to sign thier contract.

7. Landscape80

Blah....that blows It's a real nice account, but if they can't sign my contract, they don't get quality work:p ...at least not from me

Chris