1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bitting A Helping Hand

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jackrusselfire, Jan 11, 2006.

1. jackrusselfire

jackrusselfire Junior Member

Hey Guy's, I think I am getting stiffed. I answered a ad in the Employment section here at Plowsite. It asked if any one could help out. Need someone in a certain area to handle an account. So I answered it it was about 15 min away from me. At first I was a little worried. You know when you get that feeling in your stomach. So the guy ends up calling me. Hey can you do this for me and take care of the account. The manager at the bank is all upset. So I go and settle the manager down. I end up plowing it 5 times and Salting it and shoveling it. I was talking to the person all the time when it would snow. So I called him and asked him were would you like me to fax the signed work orders from the bank. He said my fax is not working. Fax it to this other place. I should get them and I will send you out a check. Sweet That's how it is done. You know do the work get paid for the work. So a week goes by NO CHECK. I call no answer call no answer. I call answer oh send it again I never got it. So I send it. Wait another week still no check. Call Him no answer. So He emails me this is the best way to communicate know since I am so busy with work. Emailed him 3 times still no check, told he has not received my emails. But replied to one when I asked if he had received them. I don't know just not Right to do to a fellow Plow Guy like that. I don't know if I should POST HIS NAME and see if anyone else has had a Problem.:help:
  2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

ouch, that sucks!:angry:
  3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

It sounds like you have a problem there! With any luck he will read this and come to the harsh reality that he is screwing you over, because who ever he is will know you and all and knows that if he doesn't make good on the deal that his identity can and may be brought out in the open! Good luck! You did the work and deserve to get paid!
  4. Dont Plow

Don't Plow It Again Untill You Get Paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That The First Step At Least
  5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Contact a PlowSite administrator with the name and the facts involved. I think they will want to address this and keep the Employment section creditable.
  6. Runner

Runner Senior Member

I agree. Actually, I would just post the name. He is OBVIOUSLY not putting forth any effort YOUR way to resolve it. How many times has he called YOU saying he has not recieved the bill yet - KNOWing that you were going to be sending it. The guy is giving you the dash and dodge - plain and simple.
  7. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I would definetly call him out!:realmad: What a jackass! Tough lesson learned
  8. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

we could call this guy the charlie wenzel of plowsite. hunt'em down.
  9. mmwb

mmwb Senior Member
    from wyoming

Better not plow any more for him. Let the bank manager know that you won't be plowing and why. Otherwise he might associate the lack of service to you rather than the guy you've been subbing for.
  10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Throw him out in the street. What is this site all about except for exposing The Good The Bad and The Ugly! Frontier Justice the sucker:gunsfiring: :gunsfiring:
  11. vanwhyjr

vanwhyjr Senior Member

I would let the Bank Manager know what he is doing to you and try to get his contract for yourself!!:waving:
  12. jackrusselfire

jackrusselfire Junior Member

Hey Thank's Brothers, I got a phone call all of a sudden. He is sending a check out Today. We will see what happens. I will keep you guy's posted. Thank's Again:drinkup:
  13. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

He checks this site often. Good Luck!
  14. Runner

Runner Senior Member

...amazing coincidence! :dizzy: :nono:
  15. Jube

Jube Member

Jack -

Pls check your pm's.
  16. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

How long has it been since your first push ? If it is over 30 days since you invoiced him then you call and keep it professional. Waiting for your money is the norm here not the exception. Did you have an agreement as to when you would be paid ? My guess is he has not been paid either. I have accounts who haven't paid from the first storm here as well. I am not panicking but I will call next week to remind them courteously that they are past due. If you have a contract with this guy, and you don't plow or salt and there is a slip and fall your gonna be up you know what creek with out a paddle.