1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bit the Bullet

Discussion in 'Back-up Buddy - Back-up & Utility Lights - Trucks' started by bdryer, Jan 26, 2016.

1. bdryer

bdryer Senior Member

Ok, I did it. Took me a while to decide to purchase the Back-up Buddy. Utilized various options... lights on the bumper, lights on top of the bed, the usual. And as usual, they always seemed like they got in the way and either broke off, or rusted out.
    So far, for what you get, I'm impressed with the quality of this product. Heavy duty, and the light is bright enough for me. As for the snow sticking? Not really a problem so far!

Thanks for a quality product. I'm surprised I don't see more of these... :salute:

2. backupbuddy

backupbuddy Senior Member

Bdryer I'm glad you are happy with your purchase. I always like when customers talk about the quality of our products. It's very hard to know how quality built it is until you get it in your hand, this is why we give a 30 day no questions asked guarantee on it we don't want you to keep it unless you like it.
    Thanks again for your purchase much appreciated. Gary

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I bought a version of the back up buddy from them as well. As you can see in the picture below, I put them on the spinner of my spreader. One night I had to take the spinner off to pull out one of our skidsteers. When I put the spinner back on I didn't lock it in correctly, and it fell off on a Chicago street. I dragged the spinner down the street by the back up buddy cord that plugs into my trailer light harness for about a mile before someone pointed it out to me. I put the spinner back on and the lights still worked perfectly. I've also pulled the plug off the end of the cord, and when I called back up buddy, the gal in the office explained to me how to wire a new plug on it, and it still works perfectly. Good, quality product, and great customer service.

20141109_181736 [1600x1200].jpg

4. bdryer

bdryer Senior Member

Really got to test the BUB these past couple of days with the 11"+ of snow we got... I absolutely LOVE this thing! Great light, and snow sticking to the lenses is a non-issue. What a great product! Thanks again Gary for putting my faith back in 'Made in the USA'.

5. backupbuddy

backupbuddy Senior Member

bdryer I'm glad you got to use it in the snow to see its usefulness, it sure has been scarce here in the north east. An FYI if you have a locking pin which hopefully you do put a little never seize on the shaft that goes into lock and a little inside the lock and every month or so unlock and lock the lock. After cutting off many locks I finally found this works best haven't had to cut any off since. Thanks again for your purchase much appreciated. Gary