1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bilstein F4-BE5-D146-H1 shock install

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by obrut, Sep 25, 2010.

1. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

I'm putting a set of these on my 2000 GMC sierra 2500 (NBS) and I need to know how the bushings are installed on the top. Does the bushing that is all rubber go on the top or bottom? The other bushings has a metal and plastic piece on it.

Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The rubber bushing goes on top. The metal/plastic clad one is the recently updated bushing to combat issues they were having with the 1st design all rubber lower bushings splitting and falling out.

3. k&j Landscaping

k&j Landscaping Senior Member

Let me know how you like them. Am thinking of installing on my 05 gmc. Any pics?

4. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

Thanks B&B, that is what I thought, so I installed them that way. The instructions that come with the shocks are useless.

k&j I will let you know this week when I drive it to work on monday, sorry no pics but they look nice, hopefully they will hold up.

5. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

k&j, I'm very happy with these shocks. My truck doesn't seem to bounce as much as it did before and overall seems smoother going down the road.

6. rbi014

rbi014 Junior Member
    from 44131

where did you buy the shocks at? Looking to install same shocks and locally seem to be about $80 each, so if you have a better source please let me know